Friday, January 19, 2007

Any of those things

Light, inspirational, funny, insightful....I don't know that my blog will ever come in the vicinity of any of those things. I don't know if the words I write here are read at all, and I can't claim to care to terribly if they are not. Face to face I seem to connect poorly with others, especially those in my age range. I have found that to most of them I seem terribly serious and a bit too dull. I am an intellectual at heart I'd rather be reading than out partying, would rather discuss psych, lit, and NASA's latest 'adventures' than clothes and other fashion related items. I'm only 25, but I look 18 and act 30-ish this seems to leave others a bit puzzled as to what to discuss with me.
It is here, in this rather isolated blogroom that I find my release. Here I have the freedom to discuss whatever I want, without regards to much of anything. I don't have to act the proper wife of a corpsman with high aspirations, I don't have to behave as a lady all polite and a good hostess as well as guest, I don't have to act the loving daughter, or devoted mother, I don't even have to act the caring and concerned friend. Here I can be the colossal bitch, the introverted bookworm, the silly young lady, and the somewhat frazzled and bored wife and mother. So here is where I come to express all that I keep tidily tucked away as I attend to the duties I have lovingly accepted in my life in the form I do so best, the written word.
Out of the limelight, so to speak, I can show my prismatic personality, shining in the rays of anonymity, for only few people who know me in real life know of my blog.